Eric Deschenes, Schneider Electric
Eric Deschenes is a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) member of the Ordre Des Ingenieurs du Quebec (OIQ) since 1992. He earned his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering back in 1991 from Ecole Polytechnique University in Montreal. Recently, Mr. Deschenes completed an assignment as President of the Alumni Association des Diplomes of Ecole Polytechnique (ADP) which Counts over 32000 members.
Mr. Deschenes joined Schneider Electric in 2003 and has more than 24 years of experience in the Canadian Market in the electrical power and industry businesses, with exposure to international business. Back in 2010, Mr. Deschenes was named Vice President Energy Division for Schneider Electric Canada and late 2014 was named Vice President Targeted Segments & Customers while keeping his responsibilities as Vice President Energy Business Unit.
Over the past quarter century, he has developed key expertise in sales, marketing, business development, engineering and Senior Management. His work experience was developed around several key market segments namely: Public Utilities, Oil & Gas, Mining Minerals & Metals, Forestry, Food & Beverages, Data Centers, Telecommunications and Smart Grid applications.
Mr. Deschenes is also quite involved in the Canadian industry community. He provides his personal time and expertise to several non profitable organizations, namely:
- Board Director of ADP Ecole Polytechnique, since 2008
- Board Director of Smart Grid Canada – since 2010
- Board Director of Association Electrique Industrielle Quebec (AIEQ) since 2014
- Board Director of Fondation Ecole Polytechnique – since 2013
- Board Director of NSERC Energy Storage Technology – since 2015
- Chef de Mission Advanced Research for exchange Jacques Cartier – 2013 & 2014
- Member of Cigre Association - since 2010
Mr. Deschenes is engaged with the following charitable organizations
- President Annual Golf Tournament ADP – Team raised over $75,000 since 2011
- Participant to 24 Hours Tremblant – Team raised over $200,000 since 2009
- Habitat for Humanity Participant – Team participated to 9 houses construction
Finally, Mr. Deschenes is an active key notes speaker and though leaders. He was published by several business magazines and took active engagement at different events, namely “Les Affaires”, “Globe 2012”, “National Electric Roundtable”, “NSERC” and many more.